Top 10 Reasons why the Vermont Academy Basketball Camp was Successful
10. Our campers chanted Marcus is "overrated", all week long. This was in reaction to the well deserved recruitment that Marcus Santos-Silva '17 is experiencing. It was all in good fun.
9. Corey Romich '17 displayed unrivaled leadership all week long. The 2016-2017 Captain is a class act and we are lucky to have him in our community.
8. Matt Hanna '17 brings a winning pedigree to the table. The 2015-2016 Boston Globe State Player of the Year was tremendous at demonstrating drills throughout the week.
7. Jon Lyons '18 wants to be great. He was on the shooting gun all week.
6. Connor Merrill '11 stopped by camp to reconnect with the program after his summer with Hoop Group. The former VA player and coach will be coaching at the collegiate level this winter.
5. Aurdric Sandoval '18 keeps the mood light. This will prove to be invaluable when we taste adversity this season.
4. We have the best assistant coaches in the NEPSAC. Casey Cota '89, Josh Cabrera, and Matt Elkin are all really good at what they do.
3. Vermont loves the game of basketball. This was proved by the overall enthusiasm from our campers.
2. Will Brady '17 was in mid-season form with his preparation and mindset. He is a man on a mission.
1. It was fun. Everyone involved had a great time! Even Mr. Serious (Bailey Patella '17) enjoyed the entire week.